Meet dan essig
About essig pools
Essig Pools was founded by Dan Essig in 1981. Since then we’ve delighted more than 4000 homeowners with beautiful new pools. And every one of those pools was built the way a pool ought to be built, with a lifetime structural warranty.
You see, since the day we first opened our doors, it’s been our goal to build a better swimming pool - A pool that we can be proud of. That’s why we created the “Smart Pool™.” The Smart Pool By Essig includes all the features a great pool should have to be beautiful, safe, and easy to maintain. The Smart Pool has 30% more steel and up to 50% thicker walls than required by South Florida building codes. And it’s built with Shotcrete, not Gunite, so it’s stronger and harder than your average pool, and guaranteed to never leak.
Our desire to build an outstanding swimming pool is what drove us to join Aquatech, an exclusive society of high-integrity pool builders. Working with other top-notch pool builders from around the country, the Aquatech programs keep us on the cutting edge of pool engineering and design. Less than 1% of the world’s pool builders have been approved to join the ranks of the Aquatech society. We’re very proud to be part of the Aquatech team.
Of course, we’re also members of the Better Business Bureau, the Florida Swimming Pool Association, and the Associated Swimming Pool Industries group. Our founder Dan Essig has been active with the Associated Swimming Pool Industries and the National Spa and Pool Institute / APSP for more than 20 years, including one year as president of both associations. Dan has been chairman of the ASPI ethics committee for the last 6 years, and the APSP Builder’s Council for the past four years. Dan also teaches pool construction at Miami Dade Community College.
Essig Pools has received more than 100 awards and accolades from industry experts and organizations. We received the extremely rare “Aqua 100 Hall Of Fame” award, which means we were chosen as a “Top 100 Builder” by Aqua Magazine for 5 years in a row. For many years, Pool and Spa News (another well-respected trade magazine) would to conduct an annual survey of our peers to determine the Industry Choice Awards. We were fortunate enough to be selected 5 times. In 2004, Pool and Spa News began selected the “Top 50 Builders” from throughout the nation. Essig Pools has been among the top 50 every year since then.
[Back to top]
To see for yourself what really sets Essig Pools apart from all the others, please stop by our showroom in North Miami. You’ll see a clean and informative showroom with hundreds of tiles, pavers, accents and functional water features. You’ll see our team of professionals hard at work making backyard dreams come true. In our “Smart Room,” you’ll see a hands-on display of the unique features that make up the Smart Pool™. Our designers can show you a thousand photographs of beautiful pools and water features. Or have them create a 3D rendition of our beautiful pools.
Essig Pools is the Home Of the Smart Pool™, and the perfect place to make your backyard dream come true.
[Back to top]
Aquatech is a collaboration of top-notch pool builders from across the country who work together to share their knowledge and talents. The Aquatech Society is an invitation-only organization. They will accept only pool builders that meet their high standards for quality construction, business ethics, and impeccable reputations.
Less than 1% of all pool builders in America have been approved to join the ranks of Aquatech builders. Formed in 1962, Aquatech is comprised of over 120 pool building professionals, and over 100 retail store operators.
Aquatech has ongoing professional educational programs to develop the skills of each pool builder's in the overall planning process, leadership and customer service. Aquatech is neither a franchise nor a corporate chain. It is the nation's #1 Society of Pool-Building Professionals.
More information: Aquatech Society
[Back to top]
International Awards of Excellence
The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) sponsors the highly coveted International Awards of Excellence competition every year. This competition is open to all APSP members from all over the world. Because of the intense & highly qualified competition from around the globe the International Award of Excellence is the most difficult to win. We are proud to say that Essig Pools has won this award twice.
The competition is open only to APSP member builders, designers, and service and retail firms. Many hundreds of entries are submitted each year, representing member firms across the United States and around the world. More information at: International Awards of Excellence.
[Back to top]
APSP - "The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals"
The APSP is the world's largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as "National Pool and Spa Institute" or NSPI in 2006.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
APSP Member Code of Ethics
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to observe and be dedicated to the following principles and policies:
- To promote the concepts of free enterprise and service to the public and the industry.
- To strive continually to gain respect for the industry, both in the local community and on the regional and national levels.
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs, and to comply with applicable laws, ordinances and regulations.
- To support efforts to improve swimming pool, spa and hot tub products and services, and to encourage research and development of new materials, techniques and methods.
- To avoid statements which will mislead customers in advertising and other efforts to sell products.
[Back to top]
FSPA (The Florida Swimming Pool Association)
The Florida Swimming Pool Association serves as the coordinating organization for swimming pool builders and other pool industry professionals who have committed to abide by the FSPA membership code of ethics.
In addition, the FSPA provides government relations representation on behalf of its members to the Florida Building Commission and the Construction Industry Licensing Board as well as other legislative bodies that regulate the swimming pool industry in Florida (such as the Department of Health).
The Association provides educational courses for industry professionals, produces an annual industry trade show, and acts as the consumer resource for finding reliable professionals in the swimming pool industry.
FSPA Membership Code of Ethics
Believing that honesty and integrity, high ideals and concern for the welfare of the pool industry and the public we serve are both desirable and necessary, and in a sincere effort to promote the mission of the Association, members of the FSPA pledge themselves to:
- Keep honesty as our guiding business policy.
- Comply with the spirit and letter of business contracts, existing laws and codes, and manage employees, subcontractors and suppliers with fairness and honor.
- Provide fair and expeditious response to claims covered under warranty.
- Work for the benefit of the consumer through the use of quality materials and construction practices backed by integrity and service.
- Keep informed regarding public policies and other essential information which may affect our business interests and those of the pool industry as a whole by attending the minimum number of association meetings as prescribed by my local Chapter.
- Promote the concepts of free enterprise and service to the public and the industry.
- Make all advertising and sales promotion factually accurate, use only competent testimonials, avoid those practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer, and refrain from false or misleading criticism of competitors.
- Support and abide by the decisions of the Association in promoting and enforcing the Code of
- Ethics and cooperate with any investigation related to such enforcement.
More information at: floridapoolpro.com.
[Back to top]